I love hearts so Valentine’s Day is a great excuse for pulling out all the hearts. For those of you who know me and have been to the Creative Treehouse, you know that I am a DSP hoarder. Well, you would be proud of me for opening up a pack of Sweet Talk DSP from last year. I used it to make this fun fold Valentine card for my team members. (They understand my DSP obsession).
So, I mixed old and new products to get these cute Valentines. The old being the Sweet Talk DSP and the new being the Country Lane Bundle from the current Mini Catalog. Honestly, you could use any DSP to make this card. But, I was determined to open up my untouched pack from last year.
I don’t remember the name of this fun fold card design. But, I’ve used it several times in the past for non- Valentines. If you haven’t tried this design, you should. You can get two card bases out of one 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of card stock. The piece you cut off of the base is turned to make the “flap”. No wasted cardstock! Here is a link to another card with the same fun fold design.
Here are the measurements for this particular card:
- Cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch card stock in the middle on the short side
- Score the 11 x 4 1/4 inch piece at 5 1/2.
- Cut off 2 3/4 inches – save for you “flap”
- Gorgeous Grape borders: cut 2 at 4 1/8 inches x 2 5/8 inches
- Gorgeous Grape inside border: 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches
- DSP for front panels (watch directional patterns): 4 x 2 1/2 inches
- DSP for inside: 5 1/4 x 4 inches
- Sentiment border for front: 3 x 7/8 inches
- Sentiment for front: 2 7/8 x 3/4 inches
- Inside sentiment border: 4 1/8 x 2 1/8 inches
- White scraps for stamping and punches hearts
Hope you enjoyed stopping by the Treehouse today. Leave a comment and let me know what you are making and why it bring you joy.