A special friend needed a special card, so I set about making a pop up vase card for her. She is about to undergo a scary surgery this week and I wanted to let her know I was praying for her. I used DSP from the Countryside Inn Suite and stamps from the new Courage and Faith stamp set. The flowers were made from the Paper Florist dies. Aren’t they adorable?
The new blue colors really float my boat. I used Boho Blue, Night of Navy, and Misty Moonlight for the blues. The ribbon is the new Boho ribbon. Don’t you just love the new Countryside Inn embossing folder? It really adds elegance to any card.
I just made a video tutorial so you can make a vase pop-up card for yourself. It isn’t very hard to do once you figure it out. Back in the spring, I made one for my aunt for her 80th birthday. You can see that card below. Here is the link to my video tutorial.
Thanks for stopping by the Creative Treehouse today! Below, you will find the measurements as well as the supply list for the first card. I hope you are having a creative day.
- Night of Navy card base – 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored @ 4 1/4
- Misty Moonlight for 2 interior panels – 5 1/4 x 4 (2) emboss one
- Vase: DSP 2 1/4 x 5 score at 1″ on both sides of top on 5′ side. On 2 1/4″ side cut at 3/4 just to 1: score line on both ends (top and bottom).
- Mechanism: Misty Moonlight 5/8 x 3 7/8 scored at 3/8
- Stopper: 1/2 x 2
- Basic White for card front: 5 x 3 3/4 embossed
- DSP for front: 4 7/8 x 2
- Basic White for inside sentiment: 4 x 3