I love leaf cards and this autumn leaf card is no exception. We recently made 4 autumn cards at a class in the Treehouse and this was my favorite. One of the reasons that it was my favorite is because it uses some of my favorite colors: Pretty Peacock and Lost Lagoon.
The card is fairly simple to create. But it does use a technique that is often overlooked. That technique is inking up the inside of one of your embossing folders. The result can be stunning as this card shows.
I used the Autumn Leaves stamp set and coordinating dies to create the card. The Distressed Tile 3D embossing folder was inked with the Lost Lagoon stamp pad onto Lost Lagoon cardstock. One tip to make creating this card easier is to use an adhesive sheet on the back of the gold foil cardstock before die cutting the veins of the leaf.
There is a video tutorial you can watch where I walk you through how to make the entire autumn leaf card. You can watch that tutorial here. Don’t forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel while you are there. If you like fall cards you can see more here.
- Card Base: Pool Party 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 (scored at 4-1/4)
- Pretty Peacock: 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
- Lost Lagoon: 5 x 3-3/4
- Pretty Peacock: 3-1/2 x 2-3/4
- DSP (All About Autumn): 3-3/8 x 2-5/8
- Pool Party for sentiment: 1 -1/4 x 2-3/4
- Pretty Peacock for leaf: 2-3/4 x 3-3/4
- Golf for small leaf: 1-3/4 x 1-3/4
- Gold for leaf vein: 3-1/2 x 2-3/4 (use with adhesive sheet)
- Pool Party ribbon: 11″ (could probably use only 9 1/2″)