A YouTube viewer (Cathy) asked me to suggest a way to combine the Night Divine Suite with a Z-fold style card. After I read her suggestion, I immediately started planning a card that would do just that. Here is the result of that “planning’. Instead of using scenic 6 x 6 paper like in my first Z-fold card, I used the O Holy Night DSP which is 12 x 12. So, with bigger paper to work with, you have a lot of options on what part of a scene you would like to include in your card.
I chose the piece of DSP that contains the Bethlehem cityscape. Unlike the previous Z-fold, this card uses a piece of DSP that measures 7-7/8 inches. Originally, I started out with a piece of DSP that was 8 inches wide. But, I soon discovered (while filming the video tutorial) that the paper is just a tad too long. After trimming off an 1/8 of an inch, it was a perfect fit.
Because I love teaching paper crafting, I almost always create a YouTube tutorial for my cards. There is a tutorial for this card that you can view here. This particular tutorial is a little unique because I was putting the card together for the first time during filming.
The video tutorial for this card doesn’t include many of the tips you might need to create the “light” around baby Jesus or resizing the stable. You can find those tips on my previous video. That video with all the details for making the scene “come alive” can be found here.
Thank you, Cathy, for giving me a reason to create a Night Divine Z-Fold card! I really like the fact that the larger sized DSP lends itself to creating a bigger scene. To create this particular scene I did have to pull off a few tricks. For example, the shepherd and sheep are backwards. Did you pick up on that?
I’m glad you took a moment to stop by the Treehouse today. Don’t forget to leave a comment and share with me what you are creating. Hopefully, this Z-fold card will inspire you to create something beautiful of your own. If you need any products, click on one of the products below and it will take you to my online store.
- Night of Navy Card Base: 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 scored at 4-1/4 and 1-1/2
- O Holy Night DSP: 7-7/8 x 5-1/4 scored from left to right at 2-3/4, 1-1/8 and 4
- Additional piece of DSP to tuck under flap: 2 x 5-1/4
- Night of Navy scrap for sentiment: at least 2-1/2 x 2-1/2
- Night of Navy scrap for manger scene:
- Early Espresso to die cut stable:
- Gray Granite scrap to die cut 2 sheep
- Pecan Pie scrap to die cut shepherd
- Very Vanilla piece used with Deckled Circle die: at least 3 x 3
- For tips on how to make the stable shorter see my previous tutorial: click here
Products used to create this card