I love the Split 4 Stamping technique as it makes it easy to make four cards quickly. There are lots of stamp sets that work well with this technique. Today’s card features the Joy of Noel stamp set with sentiments from the Christmas Classics stamp set. The result is a simple yet sophisticated set of Christmas cards.
Split 4 Stamping can be a quick technique. However, today’s card was a tad slower due to all the coloring. I personally find coloring very therapeutic, especially when I get the pleasure of using Stampin’ Blends as my coloring medium.
If you like to color, you will love the simplicity of today’s card. If you don’t like to color, I think you’ll still like this technique but you’ll need to change up your choice of stamp sets. The Forever Fern stamp set requires no coloring. You can find a tutorial for that card here.
For all the visual learners out there, I made a quick YouTube tutorial. You can access the tutorial here. After you watch the video be sure to like, subscribe and leave a comment.
Dimensions and Directions
The dimensions for this card are easy.
- I took an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and trimmed off an inch off of the top and one side.
- I then scored the cardstock in the center both lengthwise and vertically.
- The trick to this technique is to stamp up the score lines starting from the center and working out. For smaller stamps you can stamp on either side of the score line. For this card, I stamped once on each score line.
- After stamping in Momento, I used Stampin’ Blends to color all the leaves and berries.
- I used sentiments from the Christmas Classics stamp set and stamped in Mossy Meadow.
- Once the coloring is complete, cut the cardstock on the score lines
- Add a piece of Old Olive to the back of each colored piece. The mat measures 5 1/4 x 4.
- Finally add the pieces to a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock as the base of the card.